Here are some tips to get you started on your fitness journey this year:
- Find a fitness influencer with a similar body type as you. This will allow you to see how your body can transform if you continue to work out. It’s very important though that you do not become too fixated on looking a certain way. Everyone’s body is different; therefore, everyone will see different results. How you feel should always outweigh how you look. Results will come so do not focus too much on what you see in the mirror.
- Find a workout partner. Gyms can be intimidating. Having a workout buddy can help alleviate some of the stress and anxiety that you may feel at the gym. After having a workout buddy for a while you will hopefully gain some confidence to go on your own. Having a workout partner will also create a healthy pressure for you to continue working out by fear of letting the other person down. When we work out on our own it’s very easy to make excuses not to, but having the pressure of not wanting to let your partner down will hopefully act as that motivation you need to continue going.
- Buy some new fitness wear. The phrase “look good, feel good” definitely applies in this situation!
- Join a class or purchase a workout guide. Most gyms offer free classes when you become a member so definitely take advantage of this. If you are looking for workouts you can do on your own then there are a variety of workout guides available online or through your app store.
- You don’t have to join a gym. Gym memberships are not always in our budgets and they can definitely become quite pricey. If a membership isn’t in your budget this year, then why not invest in a yoga mat and a few dumbbells and do your own workout? There are a variety of at-home workouts that can be found on YouTube or by searching on Google.