2008 was an especially harsh year. Regretfully, not only will our epoch be remembered for the failing economy, skyrocketing gas prices, and the progression of Joe the Plumber from local handyman to war-zone reporter, but for its terrible entertainment as well. There were flashes of brilliance, but it has been without question a rather unmemorable twelve months.
Regardless, we at The Medium feel that we shouldnt have to wait for the nostalgic moments. Instead we have decided to compile what we think was the worst of 2008.
10) Fox News pushes the envelope in the media world. During the political race, a teaser for The OReilly Factor said Obama bombarded by personal attacks. Are they legit? Ann Coulter comments.
9) Mike Myers is funny to only Mike Myers, which in itself is rather pitiful. Unfortunately the few who didnt get the memo spent some of their hard earned dollars on what was possibly the worst film of the year, The Love Guru.
8 ) Carrot Top is more frightening than ever with a botched plastic surgery and a diesed body. The jokes are the same.
7) The Hottie and the Hottie marked Paris Hiltons return to cinema. In it she plays the elementary school sweetheart of a lovable loser, yet it quickly becomes apparent how she is hardly believable as a human being.
6) Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson Wentz have a child. They name him Bronx Mowgli Wentz, after the New York City Borough and a character from The Jungle Book.
5) Sarah Palin.
4) Who thought a low-budget remake of Knight Rider would be a good idea? The mentally-endowed people at NBC apparently.
3) Vanilla Ice returns with a compilation album. Vanilla Ice is Back:Hip-Hop Classics, not only features Van Winkle covering Bob Marley, but wins the award for Worst Album Concept ever.
2) Brokencyde releases Freaxxx. In other words, screamo meets crunk, and not in a way that tickles Rick Rubins fancy.
1) And of course Heidi Montags newest single, Overdosin. Any comments, concerns, or general opinions? Feel free to express them on the blog which can be